SUN, MAR 12th
@ MILES FOR MEALS 2017!
Our Annual 5K & Fun Run:
Runners/Walkers: REGISTER HERE
This event will benefit our Meals on Wheels program. Join us for an afternoon of live music and family fun. The 5K will begin at 3PM with the half-mile fun run/walk starting around 3:40. The cost of the 5K is $30. The Fun Run/ Walk is $15 for all ages. Participants receive a t-shirt and a food/beverage coupon. Join our fight to end senior hunger.
Run, walk, sponsor, volunteer or just show up for a great afternoon!
Every year in March, CCOA and our Meals On Wheels program bring together neighbors, community & business leaders, political & church leaders along with our print and broadcast media in an event designed to:
RAISE AWARENESS AND INSPIRE RESULTS!
TOO MANY people in Caddo Parish must CHOOSE between medicine and food!
TOO MANY of our neighbors over 60 suffer in silence with the indignity of hunger!
TOO MANY people go into long-term care facilities simply because they can no longer cook for themselves!
TOO MANY injuries or illnesses go undetected for lack of a knock on the door of our elderly neighbors!
TELL ME MORE!
The whole thing begins & ends @ Zocolo!
This popular local eatery located @ 436 Ashley Ridge Blvd has generously volunteered to host our 2nd annual 5k&FunRun and it's the perfect setting! There will be live entertainment, great food, activities and much, MUCH more to guarantee a great afternoon for runners, walkers and the entire family!
All for a GOOD CAUSE!!
Helping reach more elderly at risk of hunger,
right here in Caddo Parish!!
How Can I Help?
- SHOW UP!
- There’s strength in numbers!
- Help us give the media a story that will trigger the generosity of our great community!
- We live in an age that asks you to just “click”...
We’re asking our supporters to SHOW UP!
- JOIN OUR CAUSE!
- Help us care for those who have cared for us the longest
- Hunger is an insidious condition. Be a part of bringing nutrition AND HOPE to our elderly neighbors in need!
- GIVE ONE HOUR! ONE DAY A WEEK! The life you change may even be your own!
- BRING A FRIEND!!
- “If only I knew how to help...”
You tell ‘em: “JOIN THE RUN! Be at Zocolo Eatery SUN, MAR 13th!”
- Get on Facebook !! Tweet !! Invite your friends! Enjoy live music & MORE!
- Eat lunch [a portion of the proceeds goes to support Meals On Wheels!]
- We have MANY programs that depend on the kind contribution of time and energy
- Learn about them all on our website
We'd like to THANK our generous Sponsors
Please support them with your business