In-home services that provide confidence, peace of mind, and enable older adults to continue to live in their homes.
The Caregiver Respite programs provides temporary relief to fulltime caregivers. It provides respite from the taxing responsibilities of providing around the clock care for persons aged 60 and older.
Qualifications for Service:
- Full-time Caregivers of a senior aged 60 or older
- Reside in Caddo Parish
- The Caregiver lives with senior
- The caregiver may be a spouse, adult child, sibling, or another family member
- Senior is not receiving other services such as long-term care or waiver program
Description of Service:
- 120 hours annually of respite, sitter, or personal care assistance
- Minimum of 4 hours of relief service at one time
- No fee for service
The personal care program provides individuals aged 60 and older assistance with bathing, showering, and grooming.
The Homemaker Program provides light housekeeping services to homebound seniors that live alone or with another senior who require assistance with daily tasks such as:
- Clean bathroom
- Wash dishes
- Clean bedroom & change bed linen
- Errands to pharmacy or grocery store
Please call (318) 676-7900 to sign up for this service.
The person answering the phone will direct your call.